The Traverse City area bursts at the seams each summer when the National Cherry Festival occurs. The festival includes eight days of air shows, concerts, parades, food tastings, arts/crafts show, and fireworks.
The Grand Traverse region is well-known for its world-record tart cherry harvest and those visiting the festival can find cherries made into all kinds of food products.
For more details, visit cherryfestival.org.
More Grand Traverse Area Information...
- Onekama Days Every August
- Discover M-22 in Northwest Michigan's Benzie County
- Discover M-22 in Northwest Michigan's Leelanau County
- Cruise into a Lake Michigan Car Show
- Explore Benzie County's Festivals and Events
- Visit Glen Arbor in Leelanau County
- Traverse City Beaches
- Discover Michigan - Watch These Short Travel Videos
- Visit Northport in Leelanau County
- Visit Scenic Empire in Leelanau County
- Visit Historic Leland and Fishtown in Leelanau County
- Visit Peaceful Elberta in Benzie County
- Visit Suttons Bay Along in Leelanau County
- The Grand Lighthouses of Northwest Michigan
- Traverse City Opera House
- Explore Frankfort's Arts and Crafts Fairs
- Viewing the Northern Lights in Northwest Michigan
- Visit the Friendly Town of Frankfort in Benzie County
- Hop Aboard a Northern Lake Michigan Ferry
- Geocaching in Northwest Michigan